Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | en Español
To improve pedestrian safety, the City of Dripping Springs is exploring grant opportunities from TXDOT’s Transportation Alternative Set-Aside Program (TA) and Safe Routes to School Program (SRTS).
The TA program provides funding to construct various alternative transportation projects that improve safety and mobility for non-motorized travelers and assist with reducing traffic congestion. The SRTS program offers funding to enable and encourage safe bicycling and walking amongst schoolchildren.
If awarded the grant money under these programs, the City would use these funds to construct sidewalks and improve connectivity in two areas of town.
1) Rob Shelton Boulevard Sidewalks --This proposed project entails the construction of concrete sidewalks and granite trail improvements along Rob Shelton Boulevard from Sports Park Road to Founders Memorial Park. The project will create contiguous connections between the Springs Family YMCA and Founders Memorial Park.
2) Middle School and High School Connection – This proposed project will connect Dripping Springs Middle School to Dripping Springs High School. Concrete sidewalks will be constructed on each side of Roger Hanks Parkway from the high school to Meadow Oaks Drive which will have a signalized pedestrian crossing to cross US 290 and continue to the middle school. This connectivity gives middle school students access to facilities and program at the high school.
(To see the maps for the proposed projects, please click here).
There are many more benefits to the proposed projects and your input is needed. Dripping Springs area residents are invited to attend the following meetings (held at Dripping Springs City Hall unless noted otherwise) in which the project is being discussed:
• June 20 – Community Meeting, 6:30 p.m. at Dripping Springs Ranch Park
• June 24 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 3:30 p.m. and Community Meeting, 5:15 p.m.
• June 25 – Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• July 1 – Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting, 6:00 p.m.
• July 9 – City Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• July 22 – Open House, 5:30 p.m.
Citizens who are unable to attend a meeting can submit their input by sending an e-mail to the City Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the proposed projects, please call City Hall at 512-858-4725.
Dripping Springs, Tx.
511 Mercer Street
Dripping Springs, Texas 78620
Phone: (512) 858-4725
P.O. Box 384
Dripping Springs, Texas 78620
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, except holidays.
Fees & Charges
The fee schedule for the city shall be interpreted as that ordinance enacted by the city council, as may be amended, which sets out the standard charges and costs imposed by the city. Any reference to the “Fee Schedule” or “Appendix A” of the Code of Ordinances shall mean the current, most recently enacted version of the fee schedule regardless of whether it is published in the Code of Ordinances. Copies of the current Fee Schedule can be downloaded here, or by request to the City Secretary.
Budget & Tax Rate
Ordinance 2019-32 Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Approved Municipal Budget
Ordinance 2019-33 2019 Ad Valorem Tax Rate and Levy
Resolution No. 2019-R35 Ratification of the Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Municipal Budget
Proposed Fiscal Year 2019 - 2020 Budget
Approved FY 2018-2019 Municipal Budget
Ordinance No. 2018-21 FY 2018-2019 Tax Levy Ordinance (Ad Valorem Tax Rate)
Ordinance No. 2018-22 FY 2018-2019 Municipal Budget
Resolution 2018-R27 Ratification of FY 2018-2019 Municipal Budget
Ordinance No. 2019-01 FY 2019 Budget Amendment
Ordinance No. 2019-16 FY 2019 Budget Amendment
The City of Dripping Springs provides this site as a public service. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this site or utilize this site for other than its intended purposes are prohibited. The town makes no claims or guarantees about the accuracy or currency of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in its contents. All information and data on this website is subject to change without notice. Neither the town nor its affiliates, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss or injury caused in whole or in part by use of this website or in reliance upon the information contained herein or linked hereto. You understand and agree that any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done at your own risk and discretion and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material.
Copyright © 2016 - Dripping Springs, TX. USA