Updated: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
The Dripping Springs City Council last night voted to extend the Temporary Development Moratorium through September 18, 2022, in relation to wastewater needs. The Moratorium will continue to affect all permits for new development related to subdivision, site planning, development, land use, and construction in the City Limits and Extraterritorial Jurisdiction for both residential and commercial projects and those projects requiring wastewater service from the City could be delayed. You can read the full press release/story here: Moratorium Extended
The City of Dripping Springs City Council has enacted a Development Moratorium. During the Development Moratorium, each department of the City will only accept applications or plans that include a request for a waiver or exception, or for projects where an exception or waiver has already been approved.
All pertinent forms and information on the Development Moratorium can be found below.
- Read the Moratorium Ordinance here: Moratorium Ordinance
For Questions or Additional Information
- If you have questions, please see our FAQs here: FAQs on Temporary Development Moratorium. These are updated as we get additional questions.
- Developers or citizens with additional questions should contact the Planning Department at email@example.com. Due to the anticipated high volume of inquiries on this matter, we request that all questions be submitted in writing.
Waivers & Exceptions
- If you have any questions on the Exceptions or Waivers Process, you can find out more in our FAQs here: FAQs on Temporary Development Moratorium.
- Download the Exception and Waiver Forms here:
- To see what permits are subject to the Moratorium and which ones are not, see our Permit List here: Permit List
- See the City Council Moratorium Meeting Schedule for those seeking waivers: Moratorium Meeting Schedule
- See the current list of approved projects here: Approved Projects
Communications & Media Inquiries On Moratorium
- All media inquiries should be directed to the Communications Department at 512-858-4725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a copy of the press release on the City Council extending the Temporary Development Moratorium through September 18, 2022, see here: CODS Extends Moratorium Press Release 5.18.2022
- For a copy of the press release on the City Council extending the Temporary Development Moratorium through May 21, 2022, see here: CODS Extends Moratorium Press Release 2.15.2021
- For a copy of the press release on the City Council extending the Temporary Development Moratorium, see here: CODS Extends Moratorium Press Release - 11.23.2021
- For a copy of the press release sent regarding public hearings, see here: CODS Moratorium Public Hearings Press Release -11.10.2021
- To view our Previous Public Notice for the Temporary Develpment Moratorium Public Hearings, see here: Public Notices
- See the Presentation from the November 22, 2021, City Council Meeting here: Moratorium City Council Presentation November 22, 2021
- See the Presentation from the December 8, 2021, Moratorium Virtual Open House here: Moratorium Q&A Virtual Open House Presentation, December 8, 2021
Register for Moratorium News Updates
When we have significant news to report, we will send out a Moratorium News Update Email Blast. News alerts will only be sent when we have significant changes. Please keep checking this site for up-to-date information. If you would like to receive those updates, you can sign-up here: Moratorium News Updates.
This webpage will be updated with new information, forms, and notices as they are released. Please, continue to check back for the most current and up-to-date information on the Temporary Development Moratorium.
|List of approved projects allowed to continue during the moratorium||234.59 KB|