DSWSC Water Restrictions
On June 20, 2022 the Dripping Springs Water Supply Board of Directors implemented Stage 3 watering restrictions for all DSWSC members. This new drought stage is designed to further reduce outdoor irrigation use while prolonging our limited water supplies. Due to the recent decline in the aquifer levels, increasing temperatures, and lack of rain fall, the following drought measures are now in effect.
Irrigating outdoors using an in-ground irrigation system or hose end sprinkler: members can irrigate no more than once per week for 6 hours only during scheduled days and times as indicated below.
Residential: automatic irrigation systems:
- Odd number addresses: Wednesday Only
- Even number address: Thursday Only
Residential: hose end irrigation systems
- Odd number address: Saturday Only
- Even number address: Sunday Only
Commercial and HOA
- Odd number addresses: Friday Only
- Even number address: Tuesday Only
Public Schools: Monday Only
- Automatic irrigation systems: 12:01 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Hose end irrigation system: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Drought restrictions are put in place in order to protect drinking water supplies. On average system-wide, Dripping Springs WSC customers irrigate 2 million gallons of water every day. In order to continuing providing drinking water service it is imperative that our members reduce their non- essential outdoor irrigation use immediately. Without adequate recharge from rain events, withdrawing water from the aquifer at this rate is exceeding the rate of recharge. This could result in Dripping Springs WSC members experiencing water shortages. It is important that our membership abide by this new drought restriction immediately. If you should have any questions please contact the DSWSC office 512-858-7897.
The WTPUA has increased their watering restrictions to Stage 3 effective 6/17/22 due to extremely high irrigation demands.
All wholesale treated water customers are required to implement drought contingency plans for their own systems. The measures of the plan must be at least as stringent as those required by the PUA.
The PUA is requesting that you initiate additional mandatory measures to control water demand and to ensure capacity for emergency response requirements.
The PUA’s Stage 3 criteria includes:
Outdoor watering hours will be limited to between midnight and 6 a.m. on designated days:
- Addresses ending in 0,1,2,3: Monday and Thursday
- Addresses ending in 4,5,6: Tuesday and Friday
- Addresses ending in 7,8,9: Wednesday and Saturday
Commercial customers (including HOA and POA addresses): Tuesday and Friday
- No watering allowed on Sundays.
- Additional restrictions include:
- No new landscapes may be installed.
- Installation (and filling) of swimming pools is prohibited.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us manage the high consumption levels we are seeing.
If you have any questions, call (512) 501-8086.